In Spring 2023, we explore works in translation. Find the following in The Language of Nature: Translation and the words that define our world:
- Nastassja Martin explores the language that defines anthropology
- Sumana Roy revisits the work of Jagadish Chandra Bose, a turn-of-the-century botanist and alchemist who attempted to speak with his plants
- Lydia Davis translates the tiny animal stories of A.L. Snijders
- Jessica J. Lee writes on the vocabulary of the weather
- Anne Carson tells the story of a monk and a mermaid in a pages-long epic poem
And much more!
Find this issue’s Table of Contents here.