The Orion Society, publisher of Orion Magazine, seeks board candidates with non-profit financial management experience to help strengthen the board’s financial oversight capacity. Specifically, Orion seeks board members with some or all of the following experience and qualifications:
- has worked as the CFO or Executive Director of a non-profit with an annual budget between $500k and $2.5mm
- has professional experience in the arts, publishing, and/or environment
- has served on other non-profit board finance committees
- is familiar with a range of non-profit business models and financing mechanisms
- supports Orion’s mission: “Orion magazine invites readers into a community of caring for the planet. Through writing and art that explore the connection between nature and culture, Orion inspires new thinking about how humanity might live on Earth justly, sustainably, and joyously.”
- is committed to supporting Orion philanthropically during one’s board term
- is enthusiastic about non-profit financial management
Orion aims to add two new board members with these qualifications in early 2020 but will interview multiple candidates for each slot. Orion board members serve three-year terms with the possibility of renewal for a second term.
Interested? Email us.