Title: Digital Strategist, Orion Magazine
Reports to: Director of Finance and Operations
Location: Northampton, MA (temporarily remote due to COVID-19)
FTE: Full time, 36 hours per week
Term: Employment at will
Salary Range: $52k
The Digital Strategist will support the development and implementation of digital infrastructure and engagement strategies within the context of the mission of Orion Magazine.
This position will oversee the management and maintenance of Orion’s website, adapting text and visual assets for web publishing and creating new page templates to expand our storytelling capacity. Collaborating with our database and editorial teams, the Digital Strategist will provide data analytics to prioritize the publication of online content in support of broader strategic plans. The Digital Strategist will also assist the Director of Finance and Operations (DFO) in managing the RFP process for a new website and hiring the appropriate vendors to create and launch the site by the end of 2022.
To these roles, the Digital Strategist will bring excellent communication and project-management skills, knowledge of best practices in web development and troubleshooting, an understanding of current practices in SEO optimization, and experience in photo and film/audio editing for digital publishing. In addition, the Digital Strategist will feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and will demonstrate the highest standards of integrity, ethical practices, and professionalism in all aspects of work.
Essential job functions:
- Web support/troubleshooting
- Build web pages as needed
- Format digital content (text, photo/art, film/audio) for website
- Provide data analytics to assist executive leadership and editorial team with digital strategy
- Keyword research and SEO optimization for all digital content
- Maintain digital issues of Orion (current and archive) on Zinio
- Assist DFO with RFP process for new website
- Manage external vendor relationships and renewal deadlines for digital infrastructure (WordPress, domain names, etc.)
As an ideal candidate, you should:
- Be experienced with general website best practices (responsive, SEO, performance)
- Have experience troubleshooting common issues with websites
- Have experience using data analytics to drive strategic decisions
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have a solid understanding of design principles
- Have experience working with external vendors to launch and maintain a professional website
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Ability to pay close and accurate attention to details
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multicultural, and team-based environment
- Commitment to the work of environmental, artistic, and/or nonprofit organizations
Send resume and cover letter stating why you’re interested in the position and working for a nonprofit like Orion to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Digital Strategist Application” in the subject line.